With the days getting warmer, I know it is time to bring one of my favorite spring-summer dishes back to the table: the spicy peanut butter noodles! It is a cold noodle dish, which is handy to prepare and can be ready in no time. All you need are a pack of dried noodles (or pasta), a can of peanut butter and the basic Asian condiments.
The peanut butter fulfills my craving for Asian flavors. At the same time, I like to add some home-made chili oil to spice it up. To balance the creamy and nutty texture of the sauce, I usually put some vegetables (cucumbers, spinach, carrots, etc.) on the side to add freshness and crunchiness to the dish.
I can easily get a meal ready for the whole family within 15 minutes by preparing this dish. Faster than any food delivery service! It gives me perfect reason to always stock up dry noodles in my pantry.
SPICY PEANUT BUTTER NOODLES 辣味花生酱拌面Course: NOODLES, FIRST COURSECuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Low
A cold noodle dish perfect for the Spring-Summer season. All you need are: a pack of dried noodles, a can of peanut butter and basic Asian condiments.
Dried noodles: 120g
Your chosen vegetable
- The Sauce
Peanut butter: 2 tbsp
Chili oil: 2 tbsp
Soy sauce: 1.5 tbsp
Dark soy sauce: 0.5 tbsp
Oyster sauce: 1 tbsp
Balsamic vinegar: 0.5 tbsp
Water: 4 tbsp
- The Sauce
- Put the peanut butter in a bowl. Add water one spoon after the other into the peanut butter. Every time adding one spoon, make sure it mixes thoroughly with the peanut butter before adding the next one.
- Add the rest of the condiments into the diluted peanut butter and mix everything well.
- The Noodles
- Cut the vegetable into julienne.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain the noodles and put them into a bowl. Add the sauce and mix it well with the noodles.
- Lay the vegetable and black sesame on the side and enjoy it!
In the occasion when I have lots of chores to do and little time left for cooking, I couldn't think of a better last-minute dish to prepare for the whole family! It is like an instant noodle but healthy home-made version!
When you prepare this dish, don't forget to SHARE IT on your social media using hashtag #cinaintavola and TAG ME @cinaintavola. FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube to stay in touch!
Ciao, ricetta interessantissima. Posso chiederti un consiglio su quali noodles acquistare?
Grazie Letizia. Preferisco a usare i ramen o qualsiasi tipo di noodles frumento secchi. 😛