The beef stir-fry with vegetable is one of the most common stir-fry dishes for a Chinese home meal. It is a spontaneous dish, easy to prepare and full of flavors. It is a plate with protein and fibbers, at the same time it is also gluten free and can be served within 30 minutes!
HOW TO HAVE THE BEEF TENDER AND FLAVORFUL
Flavorful beef with a tender texture is what makes this dish stands out.
As you can see in the recipe below, I am using 4 condiments to give more flavor to the beef. Make sure you marinate the beef long enough (at least 15 minutes, overnight if you can) in order to let the beef absorb all the good flavor.
On top of this, the corn starch and baking soda are to make the beef tender. You can skip them if you don't have at home.
VEGETABLES USED IN THIS DISH
The beauty of a Chinese stir-fry is that there is no un-adjustable quantity of the ingredients. You could use any vegetable at the moment you decide to prepare this dish. The most common choices are onion, peppers, broccoli, carrot, Chinese cabbage, etc. Certain unusual vegetables such as mushrooms, bean sprouts, asparagus are also great alternatives. Be creative and make the best use of your vegetable stock.
In this recipe I am using green peppers and onion, two of the most commonly used vegetables, for demonstration.
BEEF STIR FRY WITH VEGETABLE 牛肉炒青椒Course: SECOND COURSECuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Low
- BEEF AND THE SEASONINGS
Soy sauce: 4 tbsp
Dark soy sauce: 1 tbsp
Oyster sauce: 1/2 tbsp
Sichuan pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Corn starch (optional): 1.5-2 tbsp
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Scallion oil: 2 tbsp (you can replace it with sunflower oil)
Green peppers: 140g
- Other seasonings
Garlic: 2 cloves
- Cut the beef into strips and marinate it with the seasonings listed above in section "BEEF AND THE SEASONINGS".
- Cut the peppers and onions into thin strips. Finely chop the garlic.
- Heat up a wok with some sunflower oil. Stir-fry the beef until the color turns white. Take them out for later use.
- Add more oil in the wok, put the garlic and stir-fry is for 15-20 seconds.
- Add in the green peppers and onions, together with a pinch of salt. Stir-fry them until the vegetables are almost cooked (around 1-1.5 minutes).
- Add the beef back into the wok. Continue to stir-fry meanwhile mix well all ingredients together.
- Serve it while it is hot. And ENJOY!
Enjoy it with a bowl of hot steamed rice! There it is: your authentic flavor of the Chinese home dish!
When you prepare this dish, don't forget to SHARE IT on your social media using hashtag #cinaintavola and TAG ME @cinaintavola. FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube to stay in touch!
Related Links Arrotolati primavera: Gli involtini primavera nel nord della Cina
Bellissima ricetta, l’ho fatta oggi con i tuoi suggerimenti ed è venuta perfetta. A breve la pubblico e ti cito.
Grazie mille Daniela! Sei molto gentile!!!! Non vedo l’ora di leggere il tuo articolo. 🙂